Τρίτη 2 Απριλίου 2019

This Land is mine, this Land belongs to Death



This land is mine, 
  this land belongs to Death.
This old, immortal Death,
who blesses brave men,
reveals their guns in hands.
Then I seize this bloody land, 
where children fear for
their parents' deadly lot.

So take your gun
and walk this land with me, 
and walk this lovely land with me.

Though I am just a ghost,
when you stand by my side, 
with help of Thy God 
I know I can be strong.

To make this land my home,
I spread you hate and dread.
To whom this land belongs?
This land belongs to Death.



Αυτή η γη είναι δική μου,
η γη αυτή ανήκει στον Θάνατο,
αυτόν τον γέρο, αθάνατο Θάνατο,
που ευλογεί γενναίους άντρες,
αποκαλύπτει τα όπλα στα χέρια τους.
Τότε, αρπάζω αυτή τη ματωμένη γη,
όπου τα παιδιά φοβούνται 
για των γονιών τους τη
θανατηφόρα μοίρα.

Λοιπόν, πάρε το όπλο σου,
και περπάτα αυτή τη γη μαζί μου,
περπάτα την πανέμορφη γη μαζί μου.

Αν και είμαι ένα απλό φάντασμα,
όταν στέκεσαι δίπλα μου,
με τη βοήθεια του Θεού Σου,
ξέρω, μπορώ να γίνω δυνατός.

Για να κάνω αυτή τη γη δική μου,
σου απλώνω μίσος και τρόμο.
Σε ποιον ανήκει αυτή η γη;;
Η γη αυτή ανήκει στον Θάνατο.



Original song
This land is mine (1962)
Music: Ernest Gold
Lyrics : Pat Boone
Singer: Andy Williams

Animation: Nina Paley (2012)
Who is killing whom?


animated characters

Early Man
Canaanite
Egyptian
Assyrian
(Philistine missing)
Israelite
Babylonian
(Persian missing)
Macedonian/Greek
Greek/Macedonian
Ptolemaic
Seleucid
Hebrew Priest
Maccabee
Roman
Byzantine
Arab Caliph
Crusader
Mamluk of Egypt
Ottoman Turk
Arab 
British
Palestinian
European Jew/Zionist
PLO/Hamas/Hezbollah
State of Israel
Guerrilla/Freedom Fighter/Terrorist
The Angel of Death

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου